The Lott Hearn Manual Labor School - incorporated Dec. 21, 1839
Two years after the Cave Spring Baptist church was constituted at a meeting on August 20th, 1838, they created a committee to being working to establish a permanent school. The school was started in an old store building the following January that was owned by Armstead Richardson.
The Cherokee Wesleyan Institute- organized in 1850
The Methodists created the Wesleyan Institute and located it in a two story brick building built by private contributions on land donated by Joshua Simmons....